- To organise Management Training Programmes for the Senior/middle- level executives of the Cooperative/other allied departments and cooperative Institutions.
- To organise workshops/Seminars and symposia for the officials and non-officials of the Cooperative personnel of the region.
- To conduct Research on various facets of the cooperative movement and provide consultancy services.
- To provide academic support and guidance to the Cooperative Training Centres of the State.
- To assess the Training needs of cooperative and other allied sectors in the region.
- To organise specialized Training programmes to cater to the specific training needs of the user-organisations.
Established by the Agricultural Credit Department of Reserve Bank of in the year 1954-55, DNSRICM is one of the20 residential Institutes of cooperative Management in India run by the National Council of Cooperative Training(NCUI), New delhi and financed by Govt. of India, Ministry of Agriculture, Department of agriculture and Cooperation. In October 1997 the Institute was upgraded as Regional Institute of Cooperative Management so as to make its activities more broad-based. NCCT is a central agency in charge of overall planning, monitoring and implementing training programmes for the personnel of Cooperative Department and Cooperative Institutions. The main objective of the Institute is to develop Human Resources in the Cooperative Movement for efficient, effective and professionalised cooperative management. In pursuance of the above objectives the Institute caters to the management training needs of the Department and Institutional personnel of Bihar and a few States and Union Territories.
The Institute being a premier agency engaged in Management Training of Cooperative personnel, Cooperative Education and Research has the following key objectives: